It’s time for an End-of-Year Review!
End-of-Year Reviews give insight into the past year. New Year’s resolutions are more meaningful (and hopefully longer lasting) if we take time to evaluate our previous year.
Reflection is part of growth and self-improvement, so why would we want to miss out on that?
An End-of-Year Review allows you to:
- See how you started, how you’re doing and where you’re headed
- Record progress and personal growth
- Compare numbers (speed/distance/time) or how you felt throughout the year
- Notice patterns
- Identify successes and challenges
- Brainstorm New Year’s resolutions
Ways to get started on your review:
- Think chronologically. Take it one month at a time. How did the year go? Which patterns, successes and challenges come to light?
- Reflect back on last year’s resolutions. How did those turn out?
- Identify new activities or interests you picked up. Note ones you just tried out and others you continue to do. The new keeps it fun.
- Time to brainstorm! What would you like to accomplish in the upcoming year?
Ongoing reflection throughout the year keeps you successful. Check out how to Track Your Progress and Start a Fitness Log.
If you’re eager to get started on your resolutions, learn how to Make Physical Activity a Habit.