Reading Suggestions: Books
- Sound Asleep: The Expert Guide to Sleeping Well by Dr. Chris Idzikowski (2013)
- Related post: “Setting Up For Healthy Sleep“
Fitness Tracking Tools
Related post: “Track Your Progress: Start a Fitness Log“
- Beneficial for time trials of specific distances with app GPS (such as 5K or 1 mile), calculating pace and providing charts on progress
- S Health
- Useful for overall health, counting steps, measuring heart rate, water or caffeine intake, sleep, minutes being active.
Reading Suggestions: Articles
- “Inside the myth-busting lab of food psychologist Traci Mann” Star Tribune, March 28th, 2015.
- Related post: “[Food] Lessons From the Sunday Paper“
- “Traci Mann’s best strategies for healthful eating” Star Tribune, March 28th, 2015. (Summary)
Recommended Levels of Physical Activity
- “American Heart Association Recommendations for Physical Activity in Adults” by the American Heart Association
- “How much physical activity do adults need?” by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Related post: “Making Physical Activity a Habit“